"... when you were dead in your sins... God made you alive..."
- Colossians 2:13
"...present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life..."
- Romans 6:13

Who am I?

I am referred to as pastor, student, teacher, son, brother, and redeemed sinner. My name is Nathan... and this is my blog.

Get The Latest News

Sign up for email updates

6.02.2009

Singles Ministry Scorecard

I recently came across a particularly satirical Christian blog and thought this post was especially funny... and it hit a little close to home. Below are my comments, and I have included some 'excellent' singles ministry logos down at the bottom for good measure.


My Score: 28

My Personal Favorites Are:
#5 - never really figured out how to respond to this one

#6 - seriously... as a culture, let's stop saying this

#11 - this is the biggest enemy to my school work

#20 - i agree with the Scriptures, but it MIGHT have a different application in the 21st century...

#21 - this one made me laugh out loud in Starbucks

#29 - has happened to me a couple of times... true story.

#31 - always makes me smile when this happens

#34 - my personal favorite; just because i'm currently single and want to be a pastor doesn't mean that it's an open door to bring in random Bible trivia to 'try to make me feel better'... I don't want to be Paul, and you don't need to help me justify my singleness.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Nate,

Lauren sent me an e-mail that I think her Sunday School director sent out and it had most if not all of these in there. While I have not been single for a while, I thought they were hilarious! Also, I hear that there is a slight possibility we will be seeing you over the 4th of July weekend. That would be fantastic!:)

Post a Comment