"... when you were dead in your sins... God made you alive..."
- Colossians 2:13
"...present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life..."
- Romans 6:13

Who am I?

I am referred to as pastor, student, teacher, son, brother, and redeemed sinner. My name is Nathan... and this is my blog.

Get The Latest News

Sign up for email updates

4.25.2009

Home

Another older writing from November 16, 2008...

"Home"
– Shawn McDonald –

I've seen enough to say that I know
That this old world is not my home
From lustful eyes and tainted lies, pride to hide the way that I
The way that I feel inside

I am ready to go home
I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road
I am ready to go home
I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road

I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road
Yes, I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run for my home
To stand in the sight of the Living God
That's where I'm longing to be


“But out citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ…”
– Philippians 3:20

“For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.”
– 1 Corinthians 13:12

I’ve found during my 24 years on this earth that there is a hunger in my soul that longs for peace, comfort, and true happiness. From time to time I catch glimpses of what I’m looking for – like an image shimmering on the surface of water. A long dinner with close friends, a strong cup of coffee by a roaring fire in a log cabin, a mural of stars across a black African sky – they all echo a serenity that transcends this reality and moves my mind to dwell on things heavenly. But it is only an echo. It is not Home.

I long to be with my Creator. I long to drop the confusion, the loneliness, the sadness, and the vanity under this sun. I look forward to the freedom, the joy, the heavenly community that awaits my last breath.

There are good times, wonderful memories, and precious blessings under this sun, but they pale in comparison to my wildest ruminations. In the end, this world is fleeting, but it is my dwelling place for now – like a small tent on a camping trip. And though there are proverbial rocks under my sleeping bag, I’ll do my best to take some good pictures of this trip in hopes that my friends and I will be able to share stories one day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment